The legal stuff - our terms and conditions
1. Contracts. A binding contract is only entered into when Wedge & Wildlife has issued a Confirmation Invoice. This takes place after we have received a completed and signed Booking Form with payment of the deposit.
2. Payments. An initial deposit of £100 per person is required together with the Booking Form. The full amount is payable if booking less than 8 weeks prior to departure. Any outstanding balance is also due 8 weeks prior to departure. If the balance is not paid on time, we reserve the right to cancel your holiday and apply the cancellation conditions as set out below.
3. Cancellations. You may cancel your holiday at any time, provided that the cancellation is confirmed in writing or by email by the person who signed the Booking Form. As this incurs administrative costs, we will apply cancellation charges based on the total holiday cost working back from the date of travel, as set out below:
21 Days or Less 100% forfeited
22 – 44 days 75% forfeited
45 – 60 days 50% forfeited
More than 60 days Deposit forfeited
However, we will try our best to recoup the expenses incurred from our suppliers, in which event we will return these to you after deducting our administration costs.
4. Alterations by Wedge & Wildlife
4.1. Occasionally we have to make alterations (to both itinerary and price) for reasons such as flight cancellations, schedule changes or ‘force majeure’. This legal term means unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which neither we nor our suppliers can avoid. Examples are war or threat of war, riots, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions.
4.2 If the alteration is significant (see 4.3 below) then we will notify you as soon as possible and offer you the choice of (i) accepting the modification, (ii) changing the booking to another alternative or (iii) cancelling and receiving a full refund. If the alternative is cheaper, we will refund the difference; if it is more expensive, you will pay the difference to us. If there is a significant change within 8 weeks of departure for any reason other than those mentioned in paragraph 4.1 and you decide to cancel you will receive a full refund.
4.3 Significant alterations are change of flight time by more than 12 hours, changes in transportation cost, change of international airport (unless between airports that serve the same city), change of destination or a change to a different standard of accommodation.
4.4 Your booking is accepted on the understanding that you realise that the tourism infrastructure in relation to both travel and accommodation may be substantially lower than you would expect in Great Britain or Europe. As a consequence we do our best to make sure connections and transfers go smoothly, but this may not always be possible due to flight cancellation, last minute schedule amendment, local political situations, weather, mechanical breakdown, or other unforeseen circumstances. No refunds will be given for services not utilised.
4.5 We will try to notify you of any minor alteration (i.e. any change not included in 4.3 above), although we are not obliged to do so or to pay compensation.
4.6 As the travel arrangements that we book are for a small number of passengers, we can make no special arrangements if you are delayed at the outward or homeward points of departure.
5. Liability. Should you or any of the persons included in the booking suffer death, personal injury or illness arising out of an activity forming part of your holiday arrangements, we will accept responsibility unless there has been no fault on our part or our suppliers and the cause was your own or the relevant persons’ fault, or one which neither we nor our suppliers could have anticipated or avoided even within the exercise of all due care. However, where death or personal injury is suffered in the course of air, rail or sea travel and hotel accommodation, we limit our liability to compensate you in accordance with the relevant international law conventions which limit liability. Where the cause of death or personal injury is the act of omission of our agents, suppliers or sub-contractors, our acceptance of liability is subject to you assigning to us your rights against them and to your co-operation with us in any legal action we may wish to take against them. The maximum liability for any damages other than for personal injury or illness will be limited to the price paid for the tour.
6. Golf Arrangements. We cannot be held responsible for the actual playing conditions of the courses which may be affected by poor weather conditions or maintenance. Local club rules will apply. We cannot be held responsible for any accident occurring whilst playing golf, or taking part in any other sporting activity. It is essential that you have the appropriate, comprehensive travel and medical insurance which covers any sport(s) you wish to play and includes public liability while engaging in these sports or activities.
7. Travel Insurance. It is an essential condition of your booking that you take out adequate holiday insurance to our reasonable satisfaction. We require you to let us have evidence of the insurance at least 8 weeks prior to departure or at the time of booking if later. We reserve the right to terminate your booking if you fail to obtain travel insurance cover.
8. Complaints. You should make any complaint known to our local office at the earliest opportunity. If they are unable to resolve the problem to your satisfaction, you should contact our London office. If at the end of your trip you feel that your complaint has not been properly dealt with, you must first notify us in writing within 30 days of our scheduled date of return will do our best to resolve the problem.
9. Credit Card Payments. We do have the facility to accept payment by most credit card companies. A service charge of 3.25% of the value of your holiday will be added to cover costs incurred.
10. Baggage & Personal Effects. These remain your responsibility and risk at all times.
11. Financial Protection.
11.1 When you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive holiday from Wedge and Wildlife Ltd ATOL number 6288 you will receive an ATOL Certificate prior to departure. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong.
11.2 We, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL Certificate, will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate. In some cases, where neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).
11.3 If we, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.
12. Jurisdiction. All matters arising from your contract with us are governed by English Law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
13. Data Protection. Please be assured that we have the measures in place to protect the personal booking information held by us. This information will only be passed on to relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements. The information may also be provided to public authorities such as customs and immigration if required by them or as required by law. This applies to any sensitive information you give us such as details of any dietary /religious requirements or any disabilities. If we cannot pass this information on to the relevant suppliers, we will be unable to process your booking. In making this booking, you consent to this information being passed on to the relevant suppliers.
For a copy of this please email - firstname.lastname@example.org.